DHCPD Question

I now have my Soekris 4-port ethernet card installed
in my 3.6 system. I want to set up sis0 as the internet
connection (replacing xl0) and sis[1-3] as local net
connections with dhcpd-assigned addresses, so I am
configuring both dhcp and dhcpd for sis[0-3].
Neither works completely yet, probably because my con-
figuration files  are not quite right. I have been using google,
but I have not found any statement answering the question

"What is the relationship between the internal ip address
assigned to  each of sis[1-3] in hostname.sis[1-3] and the
subnets defined in dhcpd.conf?"

(I've requested a copy of _The DHCP Handbook_ via
interlibrary loan, but it hasn't arrived yet)

Thanks,
Dave Feustel