Anticipating my first dive into OpenBSD

Hi gang

I took the plunge today and ordered the 3.6 set together with a couple of books ("Building Linux and OpenBSD Firewalls" and "Secure Architectures: With OpenBSD"), and I am hoping that the CDs and at least 1 book will arrive by tomorrow morning (that's Saturday a.m. my time) so I have the weekend to play!! :)
The plan is to see if I can get OpenBSD onto a 10 year old i386 with dubious parts (P1 + SIMMs era), which I want to set up as a firewall, and then to install it on a P3 box with about 8Gbs drive to be an Intranet server for a two machine + laptop LAN. One machine will be using Slackware, another will be Windows/Mandrake dual boot and the laptop is Slackware at present but that might change.
Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and share the excitement of anticipation with a crew who would understand what that's like.

Peace all

Man is the only animal that can remain on friendly terms with the victims he intends to eat until he eats them. -- Samuel Butler (1835-1902)

Reclaim Your Inbox!

Visit your host, monkey.org