Re: kernel: page fault trap, code = 0

Fafa Diliha Romanova wrote:
hey :)

i just installed openbsd on my hp compaq dc7100,
3,2ghz with 1gb ram, and a 150mb seagate barracuda
s-ata harddrive. the bootup fails, and i get:

uvm_fault(0xd05d62a0, 0x0, 0, 1) -> e
kernel: page fault trap, code = 0
Stopped at     usb_schedsoffintr+0x10: movl 0x4(%edx),%eax
ddb>

1) anyone know what's wrong?
2) anyone know how i can fix it?
3) what's with the big space between "at" and "usb..."?

Do you see the part below that which says something along the lines of:

DO NOT BOTHER REPORTING THIS UNLESS YOU HAVE RUN AT LEAST 'ps' and 'trace' AT THE DDB PROMPT?

I think including that information would go a long way to someone being able to answer that question. Also you MUST always include a dmesg with any problem report.

Regards,

James