Re: Gateway question

>I can ping the laptop
>(set by10.0.0.32) from my desktop (set by verizon
>dhcpd
>to 4.33.230.187), but I get a "no route to host"
>when I attempt to ping the desktop from the laptop.

First of all.  I had a similar problem some years ago
when I used a Linux box as a gateway.  I couldn't
resolve URLs from my laptop.  Never fixed it, just
bought a cheap firewall/router/gateway box and all
started working (so problem was not on laptop).

Taking this into account, obviously, I am not going to
have a soution for you.  Just a question:

The 4.33.230.187 from Verizon should be your external
IP.  Shouldn't your internal IP be static, set by you?
 And if so, does Verizon allow pings on the external
address?