Re: Gateway question

>I can ping the laptop
>(set by10.0.0.32) from my desktop (set by verizon
>dhcpd
>to 4.33.230.187), but I get a "no route to host"
>when I attempt to ping the desktop from the laptop.

First of all.  I had a similar problem some years ago
when I used a Linux box as a gateway.  I couldn't
resolve URLs from my laptop.  Never fixed it, just
bought a cheap firewall/router/gateway box and all
started working (so problem was not on laptop).

Taking this into account, obviously, I am not going to
have a soution for you.  Just a question:

The 4.33.230.187 from Verizon should be your external
IP.  Shouldn't your internal IP be static, set by you?
 And if so, does Verizon allow pings on the external
address?

Visit your host, monkey.org