[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Atheros chipset support
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Atheros chipset support
- From: Damian Gerow <dgerow_(_at_)_afflictions_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 19:46:20 -0500
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Thus spake Johan Torin (jtorin_(_at_)_myrealbox_(_dot_)_com) [07/02/05 18:47]:
: At the same time, the man-page  in -current for ath doesn't mention
: anywhere that the support is experimental or anything overly negative.
Assuming you /do/ read the mailing list and /have/ searched the archives,
I'll take this as an oversight. For at least the third time in the past two
months, I'll state it again: the Atheros man page lies. It *only* supports
the AR5210 chipset. It does *not* support the AR5211 or AR5212 as it states
(nor does it support the AR5213, which I may or may not be making up).
Yes, this should be noted in the BUGS section. Yes, I've been meaning to
submit a PR. If I have time tonight, I will. If not, I won't.
Visit your host, monkey.org