Re: RAID 1 OpenBSD 3.5 / 3.6 howto

Roberto Pereyra on 2005-02-07 13:28:57 -0300:

> Can I use the 3.3 boot image (RAID3.3.tgz) and when install the
> complete Openbsd, install a newer I3.5 or 3.6) ?
>
> If not, how I can to create a RAID3.6,tgz.
>
> Excuse my questions, I newbie with openbsd ( I a old netbsd/linux
> user)

Software RAID on both OpenBSD and NetBSD is essentially the same -
they both employ RAIDFrame.  If you're uncomfortable with making your
own bootable image, you might consider using the steps in the NetBSD
Guide to create a software RAID.  The NetBSD Guide adds on to the
raidctl man page in that it demonstrates how to install without RAID
and then enable root-on-RAID.

Visit your host, monkey.org