Re: telnet delay

Daniel Ouellet wrote:

There is never a good reason to use telnet. (Those of you using kerberos, please put down your pitchforks.) There is never a bad reason to use SSH. There is one excellent reason to always use SSH: so you never get confused which to use.

May be removing the telnet daemon from the default install would be a good security improvement! (:>

Ok, sorry that's a cheap shut, but even a box next to me on a switch that can't even access the Internet, I use SSH. It's part of my blood now.

and for other people that are used to site-wide kerberos, telnet is a part of their blood. Stacken ACC uses sshd only on a few machines, the rest speak telnet.

/ian, left the pitchfork at home

Visit your host, monkey.org