[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: telnet delay
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: telnet delay
- From: Stephen Marley <stephen_(_dot_)_marley_(_at_)_catwoman_(_dot_)_cl-is_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 01:30:46 +0000
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 05:38:27PM -0600, J.D. Bronson wrote:
> I know its not DNS...thats the 1 thing I am really good at and this machine
> runs its OWN dns....so there are no network delays with lookups..
I'll wager it's DNS! Specifically reverse lookup of your client IP by
the server. If you use forwarders, then don't!
Network Systems Engineer, Datacentre Operations
Campbell Lee Internet Solutions <http://cl-is.com>