[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: configuration management
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: configuration management
- From: Jeff Nelson <jnelson_(_at_)_jgndesigns_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 23:51:13 -0500
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 10:37:20AM -0500, Lester wrote:
> I maintiain a couple of OpenBSD servers with a colleague of mine. We
> are both busy and sometimes make changes to various config files and
> don't always have time to let each other know about the change.
> Is anybody using some type of configuration management system that
> allows for some monitoring of certain files and can note when changes
> occur and send emails or post messages to a web page when a change
> occurs ? Or any suggestions (i.e. scripts) that would do something like
RCS(1) is your friend. You can find a "HOWTO" at:
All the configuration files I make changes to are under RCS control. In
fact, I really can't imagine maintaining an OpenBSD system without RCS.
Have a great day!