[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: vacation message $SUBJECT fails
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: vacation message $SUBJECT fails
- From: Claus Assmann <ca+OpenBSD_misc_(_at_)_zardoc_(_dot_)_endmail_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 16:24:16 -0800
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Fri, Dec 31, 2004, Peter Hessler wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 31, 2004 at 12:44:53PM -0800, Claus Assmann wrote:
> :On Fri, Dec 31, 2004, Mark Pickell wrote:
> :> Running an OpenBSD 3.4 server with sendmail, when I set a vacation message
> :> and include $SUBJECT in the body or the header it reads as $SUBJECT instead
> :> of replacing with the proper $SUBJECT.
> :man vacation on OpenBSD doesn't mention $SUBJECT
> :(that's a feature on some OS like Solaris).
> Yes it does.
Hmm, you're right. I looked at src/gnu/usr.sbin/sendmail/vacation/
which is the "original" sendmail.org distribution and does not
support $SUBJECT. However, src/usr.bin/vacation/ does. So maybe the
OP overwrote the OpenBSD version with the sendmail.org version (like
Visit your host, monkey.org