[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Wireless access point with OpenBSD
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Wireless access point with OpenBSD
- From: Adam Stroud <adam_(_dot_)_stroud_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 15:32:43 -0500
- Reply-to: Adam Stroud <adam_(_dot_)_stroud_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
I currently have an OpenBSD box that is serving as a firewall/gateway
for my home network. I want to install a PCI wireless NIC to the
machine and have it also serve as a wireless access point. I looked
at the OpenBSD FAQ and from what I read it sounds like a need a NIC
with a prism2/2.5/3 chipset. I am reading this correctly? Does
anyone know where I can get a NIC with the prism chipset? Has anyone
set up an OpenBSD wireless access point using WPA?
Any information/pointers to any good information would be appreciated.
Visit your host, monkey.org