Re: NetBSD 2.0 Cryptographic disk driver

"Johan M:son Lindman" wrote:
>On Sunday 26 December 2004 09.58, Ed White wrote:
>> Hi,
>
>Ciao
>
>> I'm wondering if there's any plan (Tedu ?) to import cgd from NetBSD 2.0.
>>
>> Details here: http://www.imrryr.org/~elric/cgd/
>
>Did you search the archives?
>Course you didn't...
>
>Read the following thread on marc...
>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-misc&m=110010186019931&w=2

It seems that the conclusion of that thread is that CGD will not
be ported to OpenBSD which I think is rather a pity given that svnd
is not...  very good.

The main problem with svnd is that it makes no effort to securely
handle the key material and if you as the end user do not make up
for this then it is horribly insecure.  Or in short: it is vulnerable
to ofline dictionary attacks.

--
    Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/

Visit your host, monkey.org