Re: mfs -P

Otto Moerbeek wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Dec 2004, michael hamerski wrote:
> >
> > fw# cat /etc/fstab
> > /dev/wd0b /var mfs rw,nodev,nosuid,-s=49152,-P=/dev/wd0e 0 0
> >
> > /var is mounted twice, passing the same parameters to mount_mfs after boot
> > ends with a normal, populated /var.
>
> Obvious workaround is to comment out the mount /var.
>
> Have to think about a nicer solution.

The nicer solution is to have /var declared as noauto in fstab. It
will not get picked up by mount -a, but will surely be mounted with
the explicit mount /var later on.

nicer == keeps a stock /etc/rc, in this case

--
I drowned in the universal pool of entropy
Eris has saved me, and she has set me free