[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
ntpd issues when machine starting up
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: ntpd issues when machine starting up
- From: -f <f_(_at_)_obiit_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 01:31:36 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
1. i was wondering why ntpd is started as an "rcp daemon", altought i must
admit i am not really familiar with this term... what qualifies as an
rpc daemon? i thought only stuff that uses /usr/include/rpc/ ...
2. my other question is, would it be possible to put the ntpd
startup a little bit later, because when being a dhcp client,
for some reason i always get a "no reply received, skipping ..."
reach out /usr/bin/touch faith