Re: maxtor hdd with OpenBSD crashes...

Maxtor are notoriously bad. The company I currently work for ordered about £5000 [GBP] of RIAD stuff, containing IDE Maxtor drives. They all failed but one and get very hot. I?ve now recommended buying Seagate Hard Drives. Even friends of mine who has personally owned Maxtor hard drives, has lost a lot of work and data due to Maxtor?s unreliable Hard Drives. My advice is to get your money back and spend a few extra dollars/pounds to get a Seagate or equivalent. IBM deskstars are pretty bad too, known to go wrong in my hands anyways?

Regards, kibble...

----Original Message Follows----
From: tronss_(_at_)_ono_(_dot_)_com
To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Subject: maxtor hdd with OpenBSD crashes...
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 08:20:01 +0100

Hi, i'd like to know if you can help me with my OpenBSD installed in maxtor hdd 120GB.

When i was working with my OpenBSD i heard some stranges noises in maxtor hdd
and when I rebooted the system I could only read:

An nothing happens...

Do you know what's the problem? any solution?

Thanks.

tronss

Sorry, my english is not good.

It's fast, it's easy and it's free. Get MSN Messenger today! http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger