Re: mounting a sun3 (sunOs 4.1.1) disk from openbsd (not NFS), possible?

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004, A. F. Cano wrote:
SNIP
> The next possible option is to boot the sun3 remotely (via net),
> but that would require re-assembling the sun3 and making sure that
> all the HW configuration is OK; not easy without an OS on it.
> Still, can someone point out a detailed road map for a network
> boot from OpenBSD?  bootp?
>
> Any help will be very much appreciated.  I really need to recover
> what's on those disks to get rid of the old sun 3.  Thanks.
>
> Augustine

OpenBSD had a Sun3 port until 2.9, http://www.openbsd.org/sun3.html.  It
appears the 2.9 directory is no longer on the OBSD ftp site, but if you
needed the files I could put them on the net for short term access.

man diskless
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=diskless&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=OpenBSD+2.9&arch=i386&format=html

diana