[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Soekris, first hand experiences?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Soekris, first hand experiences?
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 20:34:48 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
* Mayuresh Kathe <mayuresh_(_dot_)_kathe_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com> [2004-12-16 17:16]:
> I've seen a few negative ratings for the Soekris boards in the past
> few postings.
there was one dude who bought a 4port soekris network card that is
designed to be used with the soekris boxen. design goals for this card
where obviously low power consumption and good peformance - and it hits
that goals as far as I can tell, while beeing dirt cheap at the same
in the poster's application he should have looked for NICs that where
designed for performance... but hey, you're not goint to find these for
$90 the four-port-card. surprise eh.
> I am about to suggest a Soekris router to a company.
> Would listas please advise if I should go ahead with the suggestion?
depends on the task of course, but the soekris hardware is excellent.
http://2suck.net/hhwl.html - http://www.bsws.de/
Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.
Visit your host, monkey.org