[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: migrating from freebsd-4.10 to openbsd 3.6
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: migrating from freebsd-4.10 to openbsd 3.6
- From: Alec Berryman <alec_(_at_)_thened_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 10:15:05 -0500
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
begin quotation of John on 2004-12-11 14:58:32 +0000:
> I want to blat my freebsd box and install openbsd but I need to
> preserve their /home dirs. There's about 70 users.
If you're using UFS2, you might want to just tar /home up, nuke the
partition, and then replace.
> They also need their usernames/passwords preserved. Googling has drawn a
> blank (most of the advice is for moving from linux to freebsd).
Visit your host, monkey.org