Re: % cpu load ?

On 2004 Dec 3, at 3:21 PM, Ed White wrote:

> I'm looking for a function to get the current cpu load as a % number
> (0-100).

There really isn't any such beast. On any operating system I've ever
worked on.

The best you can do is the sort of thing that top(1) does. But see the
archives for the past couple weeks on how meaningful this really is....

You might also look at the various X doohickies that display graphical
load charts for some inspiration.

Cheers,

b&

[demime 0.98d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had a name of PGP.sig]