Re: Anybody using ASUS A7V880, VIA VT82C571?

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Henning Brauer wrote:

> > Is there a trick to using the SATA BIOS RAID function, .. better to use s/w
> > RAIDFrame, .. or ???
>
> of course.
> the board has normal IDE chips, period. everything else is marketing
> lies.. the "raid" is in the windoze driver.
> just like all the onboard "raid" wannabes.

Interesting, .. I have never played with MB based RAID; I assumed
(mistakenly) based on the Neohapsis post that the BIOS level driver would
give a similar device as when using other HW RAID like 3ware (which, at
least, gives a single IDE disk drive for the array).

Guess I'll check out raid(4)!

	Thanks,

	Lee

  Leland V. Lammert            lvl_(_at_)_omnitec_(_dot_)_net
    Chief Scientist     Omnitec Corporation
 Network/Internet Consultants   www.omnitec.net