[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: nptd not changing time.
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: nptd not changing time.
- From: Matthias Kilian <kili_(_at_)_outback_(_dot_)_escape_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 21:39:30 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 02:59:07PM -0500, Jason Crawford wrote:
> I am not sure why it says, adjusted by so much time, when it only did
> adjust it by a couple seconds (read through ntpd source to really find
> that answer),
It says "adjusting", i.e. "hey, I'm 10 minutes off, and I'll try
my best to fix it, but it make take some time to do that."
For 10 minutes off-time, this may take about 1000 minutes or so.
IIRC, typical adjustment is to push the local clock at most 1%
faster or slower than realtime.
> but that basically tells you that's how far off your
> clock still is.
Visit your host, monkey.org