[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
mounting a ufs partition
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: mounting a ufs partition
- From: Oliver Fuchs <oliverfuchs_(_at_)_onlinehome_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 09:53:01 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
I am running OpenBSD 3.6 on a sahred harddrive wd0 with WindowsXP and
FreebSD on a second harddrive wd1.
In /dev all the FreeBSD slices are recognized:
/dev/wd1c ... .
Trying to mount
mount /dev/wd1a /mnt/FreeBSD
gives me the wrong fs type because the FreeBSD partition runs on ufs.
So I think I have to
mount -t ufs /dev/wd1a /mnt/FreeBSD
but this fs type does not exist neither /sbin/mount_ufs - all I have in
I have googled for it but did not succeed. I found some advices where
mount_ufs is mentioned but I cannot find out where to get it or how to
Is it possible in OpenBSD3.6 to mount a ufs partition and can I use
mount_ufs/finde it/install it.
Thanx for any help in advance
... don't touch the bang bang fruit