[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: dhclient and /etc/myname
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: dhclient and /etc/myname
- From: Jason Opperisano <opie_(_at_)_817west_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 18:37:43 -0500
- Mail-followup-to: Jason Opperisano <opie_(_at_)_817west_(_dot_)_com>, misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 11:15:00PM +0100, -f wrote:
> i would like to set the hostname to the one i get from the dhcp
> server. it is always something like x49.upc.chello.cz, etc.
> how can i do that? is there a hook in dhclient i could use
> to set the hostname? could this be done before starting
> the services so they don't complain (apache comes to my mind,
> and certainly sendmail)
man 5 dhclient.conf
should sufficiently quiet this thread.
if nothing pops out at you:
"Look, just give me some inner peace, or I'll mop the floor with ya!"