[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: setting runlevel to single-user
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: setting runlevel to single-user
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:52:36 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
* Brett Lymn <blymn_(_at_)_baesystems_(_dot_)_com_(_dot_)_au> [2004-10-28 08:13]:
> Just from a quick look about the only thing I could speculate would be
> that the rc-ng is more explicit/deterministic in determining dependencies.
> It looks like runit will keep retrying an erroring app confusing the
> error return with a "not all my dependencies are running" return. I may
> be wrong on that though.
the dependency shit is part of what makes rc-ng unuseable.
Simple is good.
seems like everybody forgot.
Visit your host, monkey.org