Re: What is each file for?

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 20:17, Abel Talaveron wrote:
> Hi, I'd like to know where can I find what is each directory, library,
> bin... all the files for.
>
> It can be a web, a book...
>
> Thanks

There are several things that can help you.

Doing   man hier   will give you an overview of the directories
and whats in them.

For any file,  man xxx    or apropos xxx    will give you information
about them.  Man of course produces manual pages, and apropos
does a keyword search in the man pages.

Lastly, look at the books section in openbsd.org.  If you are new,
take a look at everything in the web site, especially the FAQ.

--STeve Andre'