[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: popa3d question
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: popa3d question
- From: Navan Carson <navan_(_at_)_netlinkers_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 10:11:16 -0600
Didier Wiroth wrote:
What do they mean with "It is a secure implementation", as the phrase right
after this, says, everything is in clear text (see the phrase: Both the
authentication credentials ...are transferred... in plain text)?
They are saying that it is well written software
I have two other questions:
1) What is the best method to encrypt "only" the pop3 credentials (only the
username and password should be encrypted, the mails should not)?
There is no *best*. The standard way is to use APOP. Take note of how
the passwords are stored.
2) What is the best way to encrypt pop3 credentials and data?
SSH(1) and SSL (ports/security/stunnel) are both good for this.
Visit your host, monkey.org