Re: Two OpenBSD releases on one disk

Roland,

> I recently tried to install two OpenBSD releases on one disk

> However, I did not succeed to install a release onto wd0d. When I quit
> disklabel I always get "wd0a will be mounted as root, wd0b as swap
> space".

> Is there an easier way?

Depends on your definition of easier, but..

- get familiar with ed(1)
- from the install disk, shell out before the install
- ed install.sub
- jump to last-but-one line, edit to read: ROOTDEV=${ROOTDISK}d, :wq
- ./install.sh

does what you want.

ciao,
chakl
--
Olaf Schreck    chakl_(_at_)_syscall_(_dot_)_de        syscall() Network Solutions, Berlin

Visit your host, monkey.org