Re: S L O W Linux printing

On Sunday 24 October 2004 22:06, Jacob Meuser wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 23, 2004 at 11:52:18PM -0700, Brian wrote:
> > For me, the CUPS process spawns the "parallel" process, which sucks 60%+
> > of my CPU.
> >
> > Any help you can give would sure be appreciated!
>
> use /dev/lpa? instead of /dev/lpt?, assuming you're using OpenBSD.

Tho' I'm not the OP, splendid, I had no idea about that - improves matters
hugely in terms of CPU consumption and response time on my OBSD server when
printing from SMB network clients using apsfilter.  Just changing lpt1 to
lpa1 in /etc/printcap drops CPU usage massively. Previously the machine would
slow to a crawl during printing.
Cheers
Fergus

--