Re: SMTP TLS, SMTP AUTH, POP TLS -a plea

Hello!

On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 03:44:14PM -0700, Claus Assmann wrote:

>That isn't used by sendmail on OpenBSD (or any other OS for which
>HASURANDOMDEV is defined), see doc/op/op.*

>      RandFile  [no short name] Name of file containing ran-
>                dom  data  or the name of the UNIX socket if
>                EGD is used.  A (required) prefix "egd:"  or
>                "file:"   specifies   the   type.   STARTTLS
>                requires this filename if the  compile  flag
>                HASURANDOMDEV   is   not   set   (see  send-
>                mail/README).

Then the formulation of this documentation snippet doesn't completely
suggest what you think. It just says STARTTLS requires the filename
unless ..., i.e. this option is *not required* on HASURANDOMDEV OSes.
*But* it does *not* say that the option is completely ignored on them,
just that it also works without the option.

At least I'd read this text snippet that way.

Kind regards,

Hannah.