Re: SMTP TLS, SMTP AUTH, POP TLS -a plea

Hello!

On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 03:44:14PM -0700, Claus Assmann wrote:

>That isn't used by sendmail on OpenBSD (or any other OS for which
>HASURANDOMDEV is defined), see doc/op/op.*

>      RandFile  [no short name] Name of file containing ran-
>                dom  data  or the name of the UNIX socket if
>                EGD is used.  A (required) prefix "egd:"  or
>                "file:"   specifies   the   type.   STARTTLS
>                requires this filename if the  compile  flag
>                HASURANDOMDEV   is   not   set   (see  send-
>                mail/README).

Then the formulation of this documentation snippet doesn't completely
suggest what you think. It just says STARTTLS requires the filename
unless ..., i.e. this option is *not required* on HASURANDOMDEV OSes.
*But* it does *not* say that the option is completely ignored on them,
just that it also works without the option.

At least I'd read this text snippet that way.

Kind regards,

Hannah.

Visit your host, monkey.org