Re: SMTP Content Checking on OpenBSD

On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 07:03:53PM +0000, Nick Holmes wrote:
> To be able to provide them with a completely functional replacement I need
> to be able to achieve the following (in addition to the spam and virus
> checking I mentioned above):
>
> 1. Scan messages for certain words and phrases (banned
> words/profanity/coporate confidentiality caveats).
> 2. Filter attachments based upon file type (e.g. allow JPG/TXT, disallow
> MP3/OGG/EXE)
> 3. Rip out any HTML from the message, leaving only the plain text
> 4. De-fang/Strip MS Office Documents of their macros (i.e. leave the main
> document, just rip out any embedded macros).

You might look at the the E-mail Sanitizer:
http://www.impsec.org/email-tools/procmail-security.html

It can scan office documents for likely macro viruses and is
quite configurable.  I've used it in the past to remove
certain attachments (with a notice to the user that it was
removed). It DEFANGS Javascript and html.  Me likes.

-Mark

Visit your host, monkey.org