Re: Installation woes on Compaq Proliant 2000...

Jeff Ross wrote:
FloppyB36.fs fails to find either the eisa nic that is installed, or the SMART array. The system refuses to boot from the SCSI CD, failing with the message

Have you tried the other two floppies?

So, if anybody has a link to or a copy of the floppy based array configuration tools for the Compaq Proliant 2000, please e-mail me. Or, if anyone can think of a way to get OpenBSD on this rascal (with no nic recognized, nor any of the disks, and can't boot from CD), I'd love to hear it.

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/13227.html may be part of your solution.

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/7510.html has some diags you may find useful.

> SMART array.  The system refuses to boot from the SCSI CD, failing
> with the message
>
> "CD ROM not bootable on this system
> Press any key to continue..."

bios0 at minbus0: AT/286+(69) BIOS, date 08/17/98

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/7548.html may help.

cac0 at eisa0 slot1 irq 15: Compaq SMART
cac0: timeout
cac0: CAC_CMD_GET_CTRL_INFO failed

That looks ominous, but try: http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/14694.html

There's also updates for the drives:
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/17149.html

Or maybe it's
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/7702.html
it's hard to say which you need.

device: CPQ6101 at eisa0 slot 6 not configured

That's your NIC

device: CPQ4410 at eisa0 slot 9 not configured

That's your built-in SCSI.