[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Configuration of IceWm for the OpenBSD 3.5
- To: misc_(_at_)_OpenBSD_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Configuration of IceWm for the OpenBSD 3.5
- From: Hanspeter Roth <hampi_(_at_)_rootshell_(_dot_)_be>
- Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 22:41:43 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Reply-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Oct 08 at 15:38, Greg spoke:
> You are correct - it seems that IceWm kinda ignores the $PATH variable.
Hm, I'm not sure.
You could start another session from an xterm on an alternate
display and adjust $PATH in advance.
(startx `which icewm` -- :1)
> Actually I just received an email from someone who suggested that I needed
> to add "/usr/local/bin" to my PATH (which is already the case) - but I
Sometimes only one of .profile and .bashrc is evaluated.
I guess if you start icewm from a console session that has
/usr/local/bin and /usr/X11R6/bin already in $PATH they will be
honored by icewm.
Visit your host, monkey.org