[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: ntpd spins out of control with no route to host
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: ntpd spins out of control with no route to host
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 18:54:16 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
* Rick Pettit <rpettit_(_at_)_vailsys_(_dot_)_com> [2004-10-08 18:24]:
> I recently brought down the default route on one of my OpenBSD servers and
> noticed that ntpd started logging "sendto: No route to host" like mad. It
> appeared to be spinning on a TCP connect.
> I would have expected ntpd to sleep and try again later or shutdown.
how old is your ntpd? it should be fixed for quite some time.
Visit your host, monkey.org