Re: Firewall automation

> It's my personal experience that speaks.

Your comment, and I quote, "If you want to be a true administrator avoid
web interfaces to services or firewall configuration." is what I have
issue with.  If you had said "If you want to BECOME a true administrator",
I would agree with you.  I also do all of my systems administration by
CLI.  But that doesn't mean that applications like Checkpoint's don't have
their place in enterprise environments, for the TECHNICALLY SAVVY.

Where they save time and add efficiency, GUI interfaces can be a powerful
tool.  Where they obfuscate and add unnecessary layers of complexity,
they're a hindrance.

--
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting