Re: Errors building/installing XF4

Alexander Hall wrote:
Hi all!

Following release(8) and compiling (system and) XF4 on i386 ends with the following messages:

------------------------
Full build of XFree86 version 4.3.99.902 (18 December 2003) complete.

install xc-old/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/etc/bindist/OpenBSD-ix86/host.def xc-old/config/cf/host.def
install: xc-old/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/etc/bindist/OpenBSD-ix86/host.def: No such file or directory
*** Error code 71

Stop in /home/alexander/XF4BLD (line 70 of Makefile).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /home/alexander/XF4BLD (line 83 of Makefile).
------------------------

I have checked out the sources (from local updated CVSync'd repository) with
cvs up -Pdr OPENBSD_3_6
and the kernel and system build/install/release process went fine.

I realize it says "Full build /.../ complete" so it seems it is only the install part that fails.

No, it's the beginning of the build of xc-old that fail. It looks like you didn't check out or update XF4/xc-old, or didn't lndir it into XF4BLD.

The system I'm updating was a snapshot as of Sep 07, so the steps in the upgrade-minifaq should not be an issue, or am I wrong here? I couldn't find anything in the archives.

Any help is appreciated. And do feel free to throw manpages in my face. :-}

Read XF4/README for details on the X builds. Although I don't think it contains the answer to this problem. But no man page either told you that xc-old is optional :).

--
Matthieu Herrb