Re: Ok, I've mounted the cd but how about linux partition??

Francisco de Borja L_pez R_o wrote:
> Just a question, did you use ext2 on your linux system, today most
> linux distributions use journaled filesystems like ext3, xfs or
> reiserfs. Those can not be mounted under BSD, can them?

ext3 is merely ext2 with journaling tacked on as an afterthought
(literally).  It can be mounted as an ext2 without error, though the
journaling feature will, of course, be lost.  The only visible
difference will be performance gain and an additional hidden file in the
root dir of the fs.

HTH,
Tim Hammerquist

Visit your host, monkey.org