Re: X exit monitor blackout

Dimitri Georganas wrote:

First monitor:

After exiting X, either by exiting command or ctrl-alt-backspace I don't get any shell prompt. Seems like the monitor doesn't 'switch back'
to the console mode...so I replace the monitor.

Any suggestions or similar experiences?

I actually have a similar problem with 3.6 on a via m10000 using startx, no black screen but random & colourful garbage filling the screen from the bottom, somewhat reminiscent of early vic20 games, the console seems to function, hitting return a few times scrolls the garbage and one or two lines of normal console output appear at the top.

Haven't found a way to solve this in bios either, but I don't really need to run X on the box anyway.

cheers,

mike

Visit your host, monkey.org