[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Can't login anymore to OpenBSD 3.2
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Can't login anymore to OpenBSD 3.2
- From: Víctor Sánchez P. <vsp_(_at_)_www_(_dot_)_mad-sistemas_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 16:49:55 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On 11:23 Fri 01 Oct , Erwin Zbinden wrote:
> I use an old box runing openbsd 3.2 as a
> firewall at home. Since on of the kids has
> caught virus on his win-xp box I tied to
> analyse the traffic it produces.
> Now I can't login anymore. I started boot
> -s to set new passwords and booted into
> multiuser. Everyhing works.
> After a reboot the new user and root
> passwords weren't accepted anymore...
> Is this a hardware problem or a nasty hack?
What kernel msgs, or whatever things makes
you think its a hardware problem ?
Seems like you forgot the pass, with no
logs and no detailed steps a.k.a. how to
reproduce the problem, its all I can say.
> Thanks for answers, Erwin
Visit your host, monkey.org