custom release, serial console as default?

I'm working on creating what I'm calling quickstart for obsd, similar
to jumpstart for Solaris or kickstart for RedHat Linux.  I'm at the
point of having a script that finds all network interfaces on boot,
then looks for first with status active, and then tries to configure it
via dhcp, loops until all 3 of those conditions are positive.  Then
this script tries to download the rest of the process, again looping
until true.

What I would really like is to have the console be on the serial port.
Sure I can type 'set tty com0' at the boot> prompt, but this is a hands
off automated install.  I don't have a lot of knowledge of about the
whole make release process.  I am wondering how do I get an
/etc/boot.conf file to exist in the bsd kernel image that is used when
a release is made?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Regards,
Chad

                                                  _\|/_
                                                  (o o)
Chad M Stewart cms_(_at_)_balius_(_dot_)_com

"If you don't do it right the first time, you'll just
have to do it again."   -- Jack T. Hankins

If you're having problems verifying my digital signature
then you might not have the Certificate Authority in your
list, visit http://www.cacert.org/ to download their root
certificate.

[demime 0.98d removed an attachment of type application/pkcs7-signature which had a name of smime.p7s]