[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: gunzip filename.tar
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: gunzip filename.tar
- From: "Peter H. Coffin" <hellsop_(_at_)_ninehells_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 00:17:09 -0500
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Reply-to: hellsop_(_at_)_ninehells_(_dot_)_com
On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 04:31:31AM +0200, Marianne Birkemose wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 20:47:58 -0400, Frank Bax <fbax_(_at_)_sympatico_(_dot_)_ca> wrote:
> > OpenBSD 2.9:
> > OpenBSD 3.5:
> > gunzip: test.tar: No such file or directory
> THANKS. I guess somebody "broke" it along the way, then.
Or fixed it, depending on how you look at it. unzipping by what a file
becomes is inconsistant with the normal unix way of doing things.
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly
thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely
give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.
--Peter Anspach's list of things to do as an Evil Overlord
Visit your host, monkey.org