[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: SSHD config problems!
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: SSHD config problems!
- From: "Joseph C. Bender" <jcbender_(_at_)_benderhome_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 13:45:34 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-to: jcbender_(_at_)_benderhome_(_dot_)_net
On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, Thorin Oakenshield wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 01:29:27PM +0300, Rayid Bahabri wrote:
> > John R. Shannon wrote:
> > > By setting ListenAddress to 127.0.0.1 you are no longer listening for any
> > > external connections. It's unlikely that's what you want.
> > thanks, when do I need to set it to 127.0.0.1...
> > Is there a way to accept ssh connections from a specific networks say
> > only 192.168.12.0 and 192.168.20.0?
> Yes, use ListenAddress
Read the mail. This is NOT what they want.
Other posters have it right. TCP wrappers, or better yet, a PF ruleset.
Joseph C. Bender
jay cee bender at benderhome net
Visit your host, monkey.org