[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: OpenBSD/pmax DECstation (MIPS R3000)
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: OpenBSD/pmax DECstation (MIPS R3000)
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 02:23:50 -0600
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
* Mats O Jansson <maja_(_at_)_cntw_(_dot_)_com> [2004-09-18 01:42]:
> On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, J.C. Roberts wrote:
> > Getting my paws on hardware isn't really a problem, so I'll build the
> > machine for the task. If I was to build and max out a 5000/260 (60MHz
> > R4400 / 480MB) would builds times be significantly less painful?
> yes, it should be faster, but how much is hard to say. the cpu is almost
> twice as fast and lots of memory helps.
> OpenBSD has grow a lot since 2.8 which was the latest release for pmax.
> so even if the gain is just a day or two it will be a help.
it's not like we have no archs with close to a week of build time...
http://2suck.net/hhwl.html - http://www.bsws.de/
Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.