Re: Freezes on 3.5

Whoops, definately my bad. I just read the thread off of
marc.theaimsgroup.com. Just to double check a few things:

PnP off/disabled in the BIOS? [sometimes this setting can make a difference,
as it did for me on a Apollo Pro mainboard]

Any and all add on cards not in use either removed physically or disabled via
the BIOS (aside from USB of course)? [idea being to eliminate possible IRQ
conflicts]

Any other setting in the BIOS for USB, such as USB DOS Keyboard support, etc,
disabled? Try the opposite of whatever setting is on currently and see if that
makes a difference. [driver vrs bios issues? admitidly, even I find this one
far fetched]

Is this a laptop, or a case? reguardless - take the cover off, turn it
upside-down (removed cover facing downward) and give it a good shake - see if
anything falls out. Then, since the cover is off, grab a can of compressed air
and prepare to fight the dust bunnies...
(I say this because on a i386 motherboard swap I did once, from a 486 to cyrix
686, I left a metal "stud" or motherboard support screw behind because I could
not pry it off with my fingers. I found out later that they couldn't print.
Why? The stud shorted the paralell port. But everything else worked ...)
[reason to do this: eliminate loose motherboard/case components causing
physical shorts]

Any USB problems under other operating systems? [clue as to whether your
problem is O/S specific]

I know, I'm strange. But they don't seem to be talked about in previous
threads, so I think these are worth trying.

Enjoy,
Peter Verhagen

>>> Why are you disabling things?
>>
>> Because I never resolved