[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: OT: Re: Interesting new RAID card?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: OT: Re: Interesting new RAID card?
- From: patrick_(_at_)_mail_(_dot_)_zill_(_dot_)_net (Patrick Giagnocavo)
- Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 22:55:35 -0400
- Reply-to: patrick_(_at_)_zill_(_dot_)_net
On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 04:29:17PM -0700, Greg Thomas wrote:
> > I use systems similar to arcoide's raidcase product line (up to tomorrow
> > only in FreeBSD systems). Works every time; completely OS-agnostic. I
> > assume the same for arcoide's offerings.
> I'm just curious, how do you rebuild the array after a drive failure?
IIRC you have to do a reboot and then get into the thing's BIOS.
The Newcell RAID card is useless, because it does not increase IOPS
over a single drive's IOPS .
Visit your host, monkey.org