[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Interesting new RAID card?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Interesting new RAID card?
- From: Sean Hafeez <sah_(_dot_)_list_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 12:18:39 -0700
- Reply-to: Sean Hafeez <sah_(_dot_)_list_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
I saw this:
and wanted to know if anyone knew anything about them. They make a statement:
SyncRAID is the world's first and only driverless storage adapter.
NetCell has patented a technique for emulating a standard IDE device
at the hardware level. As a result, the SyncRAID card does not require
any vendor-specific drivers, but instead uses the standard IDE driver
built into Windows.
My thought was that if it was a STANDARD type IDE driver, the card
might work under OpenBSD.