[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Wireless PCI card support in upcoming 3.6
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Wireless PCI card support in upcoming 3.6
- From: Toxa <postfix_(_at_)_sendmail_(_dot_)_ru>
- Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 09:26:17 +0400
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
> Theo, I would prefer if you allow non-free things into OpenBSD
> like FreeBSD does.
For common user there is no much difference
between free and non-free things till it works fine. User just "want
this fscking card to work with my favorite OS", unsupported things just makes him sick.
But the difference between freebsd and openbsd is what freebsd folks
makes their system for us (users) and obsd folks makes their system for
themselves (developers). So crying "Yes, incorporate this non-free shit
into obsd to make my card work" is not a solution for us. For our great
"Anyone who quotes me in their sig is an idiot."
Visit your host, monkey.org