[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: SMTP :: postmaster@ MAILER-DAEMON@ root@
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: SMTP :: postmaster@ MAILER-DAEMON@ root@
- From: "Peter H. Coffin" <hellsop_(_at_)_ninehells_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 18:02:00 -0500
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Reply-to: hellsop_(_at_)_ninehells_(_dot_)_com
On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 05:35:02PM +0200, Ed White wrote:
> Have anyone ever disabled those addresses ?
> I know RFCs ask for them, but I'm having some problem with spam...
RFCs demands postmaster, not asks for. They don't have to route to your
main mailbox though. You don't want root to go away either, or you may
miss vital system alerts. That doesn't have to route to your main
54. I will not strike a bargain with a demonic being then attempt to
double-cross it simply because I feel like being contrary.
--Peter Anspach's list of things to do as an Evil Overlord
Visit your host, monkey.org