Re: OpenBSD on a SunFire V100

Thorin Oakenshield wrote:
There's a little SunFire V100 lying unused there, at work, and I'd like
to install OpenBSD on it so I put it to substitute a quite ridicolous
Netscreen 10 which I think is flexible just like a steel bar (there's
already an OpenBSD doing its work in another office of ours) but I've
got a little problem: this machine came with no keyboard or video so I
don't know what to do with it. I'm seeing on the back side a couple of
USB ports, two network adapters, two ports which do anyway seem some
kind of RJ45 or something like that, named "LOM" and "SER" (if I recall
correctly). Any hints? Do I have to ask to those who sent the machine
without keyboard and console if they have any or worry myself about
buying them? At which cost? TIA.

Here is some documentation for the V100: http://www.sun.com/servers/entry/v100/ http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Systems/SunFireV100/SunFireV100.html http://www.sun.com/products-n-solutions/hardware/docs/Servers/Workgroup_Servers/Sun_Fire_V100/index.html

The RJ45 is the 'new' thing for serial ports on network equipment.  You
can use a network cable, and RJ45/DB9 converters are available at most
electronic parts stores.

Visit your host, monkey.org