dual-Opteron OpenBSD 3.6 will be faster than FreeBSD, right?

Question for Henning or anyone in the loop on the dual-Opteron setups:

I'm used to thinking of FreeBSD as the "damn fast" BSD, and OpenBSD as
the "damn steady/reliable/safe" BSD.

But now with the work you guys have done on the amd64 SMP stuff, am I
correct to assume that if I had a dual-Opteron server that needed to
do some serious CPU-crunching (say, heavy MySQL or audio-encoding),
that OpenBSD would actually be faster than FreeBSD on that hardware,
because of your work porting directly to the amd64 platform?

Sorry it's a real basic question, but had to be asked.