Re: LPR Question

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 18:19:23 -0700, Jacob Meuser <jakemsr_(_at_)_jakemsr_(_dot_)_com> wrote:
> so?

So that's how it's done in FreeBSD.

> "seems to"?  maybe it does but there is yet another (large part of )
> ghostscript installed under another name that you apparently don't
> know about.  or maybe the GNU ghostscript is patched.  regardless,
> pstoraster has to come from somewhere.  the recommended (by CUPS
> documentation) way is to use ESP ghostscript.

The FreeBSD port installs cups-pstoraster as well.

cups-1.1.20.0       The Common UNIX Printing System: Metaport to install comple
cups-base-1.1.20.0  The Common UNIX Printing System: headers, libs, & daemons
cups-lpr-1.1.20.0   The CUPS BSD and system V compatibility binaries (lp* comma
cups-pstoraster-7.07_1 GNU Postscript interpreter for CUPS printing to
non-PS prin

Like I said, it works for me, but if it gets your butt fur in a knot,
stay away from it.

--

Juha

Visit your host, monkey.org